This document is only a basic overview of how to deploy the Cisco Umbrella roaming client using your RMM tool. Cisco does not provide comprehensive support for Ninja. For more information, see Ninja`s documentation.
Note: This document is specific to deploying the Umbrella roaming client on Windows client operating systems; for example, Windows 8 or 10. Cisco does not support the installation of the Umbrella roaming client on Windows Server operating systems. For more information about prerequisites, see Prerequisites. This document assumes you've read these prerequisites and have opened the appropriate firewall ports.
Ninja provides the ability to create Scheduled Actions to deploy products that are not built-in to Ninja’s RMM tool. This document provides instructions on how to add a Scheduled Action to your policies to deploy the Umbrella roaming client to your customer's computers. You must create a Scheduled Action that is unique to each customer. We recommend creating a Scheduled Action/Policy for each customer with a naming convention such as %Client Name% Umbrella roaming client Deployment.
You must enter all customer internal domains before deploying the Umbrella roaming client. Failure to do so results in problems with accessing internal resources. In the Umbrella dashboard, navigate to Deployments > Configuration > Internal Domains and enter domains as required. For more information, see Appendix D – Internal Domains.
- In the Ninja dashboard, navigate to Create or Edit a Policy and choose either Create a policy or Edit a policy.
The Create a policy wizard opens.
- Name the policy, choose Role Windows Workstation, and then save the new policy.
Note: Depending on your policy layout, you can use the Parent Policy field to link this to an existing policy. However, please note that the variables are unique per customer, so linking to the wrong policy could result in roaming client in the wrong customer organization.
- In the policy editor, create a Scheduled Action, set the parameters as desired and then choose the Action to be Install Application.
- In the new section, perform the following:
Note: This is case-sensitive.
MSI URL: http://shared.opendns.com/roaming/enterprise/release/win/production/
Note: This URL does not work in a browser unless you include the filename Setup.msi in the URL. This location tells NinjaRMM where to look for the file, and below we'll be setting the filename.
- In the MSP console, navigate to Customer Management, expand a customer, and scroll to Deployment Parameters.
Umbrella lists the organization's Org ID, Fingerprint and User ID parameters as well as Umbrella's deployment script.
Note: If you want a visible installation, change HIDE_UI and HIDE_ARP to 0 instead of 1. For more information about this and other variables, see Deployment Parameters.
Run As: System
You should end up with something that looks like this:
- In the MSP console, navigate to Customer Management, and click a customer name to open the Umbrella dashboard.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- Search for the individual host names where the script should have been run.
If the computer is checking in properly, you’ll notice a green status icon.
Updated 2 years ago