To help gain a better perspective of security-related activity within your Umbrella environment, the Security Overview report provides you with easy to read charts of your organization's identities and their activity. You can easily see what's going on with groups of identities and the types of internet requests they're making and where any problems might be popping up. Then you can pivot from this Security Overview report to more advanced reports and determine if there are security risks to your environment that require you to take action.
Umbrella Packages and Feature Availability
Not all features described here are available to all Umbrella packages. To determine your current package, navigate to Admin > Licensing. For more information, see Determine Current Package.
If you encounter a feature described here that you do not have access to, contact your sales representative for more information. See also, Cisco Umbrella Packages.
- Choose a time period of events to view. You can generate a report to document activities for the last hour, the last 24 hours, the previous calendar day (yesterday), the last seven days, and the last month.
A percentage appears to compare the current time selected with the previous. For example, if 30 days is selected, the graphs will show as a percentage increase or decrease from the previous 30-day period to the last 30-day period. Similarly, if Yesterday is selected, the graphs will show a percentage increase or decrease from the day before yesterday's data to yesterday's data.
- View the total number of requests, blocks, and security blocks in the Network Breakdown.
Security Blocks refers to blocks in any security category. For more information about security categories, see DNS Security Categories and Web Security Categories.
To see all security events and not just those that were blocked, check See All Security Events.
a. Choose to view all requests in the network breakdown or view only DNS or Proxy requests.
DNS Requests—View the total number of DNS requests, total DNS blocks, and DNS security blocks for the selected time period. To see all DNS security events check the See All Security Events checkbox.
Total Proxy Requests—View the total number of Proxy requests, total Proxy blocks, and Proxy security blocks for the selected period. To see all Proxy security events check the See All Security Events checkbox.
b. Click Total Requests, Total Blocks, or Security Blocks in any of the Network Breakdown tabs to see those events filtered in the Activity Search Report.
- View the destinations, identities, and event types had the most security requests.
You have the option to see blocked requests for each tab, or check the See All Security Events checkbox to see all events.
By Destination—Click a destination to redirect to the Security Activity Report filtered by that domain and blocked or all responses.
By Identity—Click an identity to redirect to the Security Activity Report filtered by that identity and blocked or all responses.
You can also filter the identity tab by types of identities.
By Type—Click an event type to redirect to the Security Activity Report filtered by that event type and blocked or all responses.
- View which parts of your deployment are active in the deployment health.
- Active Networks—The number of networks currently active.
- Active Roaming Clients—The number of roaming clients currently active.
- Active Virtual Appliances—The number of virtual appliances currently active.
- Active Network Tunnels—The number of network tunnels currently active.
Updated about a month ago