The following prerequisites must be met in order for the ASA integration to work successfully.
- A valid Cisco Umbrella Professional, Insights, or Platform subscription.
- The ASA must have a 3DES license. If you are using Smart Licensing, your account must allow export-controlled functionality.
- Administrative access to an ASA on version 9.10.1 or newer. This includes ASAv, ASA 5500-X, and Firepower 2100/4100/9300. FTD software is not supported.
- Full Admin access to the Umbrella dashboard.
- The ASA must have a name server configured and DNS lookup enabled on its interfaces. You can use your own servers, or configure the Umbrella servers. DNS inspection automatically redirects to the Umbrella resolvers even if you configure different servers. Example:
ciscoasa(config)# dns domain-lookup outside ciscoasa(config)# dns domain-lookup inside ciscoasa(config)# dns name-server 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
- The name server you set must be able to resolve api.opendns.com, and there must be a route configured to reach it.
- The ASA registers itself with your Umbrella dashboard over HTTPS, so the ASA must be able to communicate with api.opendns.com over TCP port 443.
- The root certificate must be present on the ASA in order for registration to complete successfully. See Import the Root Certificate.
The following access must be allowed:
Updated 18 days ago