The Investigate API uses conventional HTTP response codes to indicate success or failure of an API request. In general, codes in the 2xx range indicate success, codes in the 4xx range indicate an error that resulted from the provided information, and codes in the 5xx range indicate an error with Umbrella's servers.
- 200 OK—Everything worked as expected.
- 204 OK—Everything worked as expected but no content was returned. The domain classifier service returns this for domains Umbrella has no information on.
- 400 Bad Request—Likely missing a required parameter or malformed JSON. The syntax of your query may need to be revised. For example, if there are any spaces preceding, trailing, or in the domain name of the domain you are trying to query, you will receive this error code.
- 403 Unauthorized—Request had Authorization header but token was missing or invalid. Please ensure your API token is valid.
- 404 Not Found—The requested item doesn't exist, check the syntax of your query or ensure the IP and/or domain are valid.
- 429 Too Many Requests —Too many requests received in a given amount of time. You may have exceeded the rate limits for your organization or package.
- 500, 502, 503, 504 Server errors—Something went wrong on Umbrella's end.
Updated about a year ago