A block page is a page that is displayed when a user of the Umbrella service tries to go to a website that's blocked by the policy for the Identity under which the user falls.
The first step is to create the block page itself. This may be something you are familiar with from creating block pages for your individual customers within their organization in the Umbrella dashboard at Block Page Settings > Block Page Appearance within a customer's org.
For information on bypassing a block page, see Bypass Users.
Note: Customers with Umbrella dashboard access are able to see the centralized setting but cannot modify it.
- Navigate to Centralized Settings > Block Pages.
- Click Add a Setting or expand an existing block page setting.
- Give your block page a meaningful name and then select how to treat block pages: The Same or Differently.
If you select Differently, you can select contextual block pages for different types of blocking: Blocked by Content Setting, Blocked by Destination List Setting, Blocked by Phishing Setting, or Blocked by Security Setting.
Optionally, select for display a default message, select a custom message, or redirect users to a URL.
- Click Preview Block Page at any time to see what your Block page will look like.
- You can optionally, check Allow blocked users to contact an admin from the block page and add a graphics file to display as a custom logo on the block page.
This brands the block page, making it clear where the block is coming from.
- Click Continue.
- Select the customers with whom you want to share this block page and click Continue.
When shared with a customer, these settings become available in the customer's Umbrella dashboard and can be selected when configuring policies. You can also choose not to share a destination list with customers. Click Continue without selecting any customers.
- From the Policy Settings page, choose how you would like to have this block page applied to the Umbrella policies of both your existing customers and any new customers you might add. Choose from the following options:
- Set as Default Setting—If selected, this block will be applied to the default policy of any new customers. This setting is not applied to the default policy of existing customers in Umbrella.
Note: You must always have at least one default block page. A block page that has Set as Default Setting selected cannot be deleted until that setting has been de-selected.
- Apply to Default Policy—When selected, this block page is applied only to the default Umbrella policy of the customers you selected in the previous step—Share with Customers. All other Umbrella policies for the selected customers remain the same.
- Apply to All Policies—When selected, this block page is applied to all of the Umbrella policies for the customers you selected in the previous step—Share with Customers. This includes the selected customers' default policy.
Note: When you select Apply to all Policies, the next time you access this setting it appears that it has reset to Apply to Default Policy. It has not and your Umbrella policies are not changed. Once configured, to change Apply to All Policies to Apply to Default Policy, you must select Apply to Default Policy and click Save & Close.
If you wish to re-apply this setting for a customer, remove the setting from that customer, then re-share the setting with Apply to All Policies checked.
- Review your block page settings and click Save & Close.
Each link under Share Summary opens a modal window that lets you view which customers will share this block page setting.
Updated about 1 year ago