Configuring Content Settings lets you select content categories to block your customers from accessing. A content category is a grouping of websites with similarly themed content. For a list of all categories and details for each, see Understanding Content Categories.
Customers with Umbrella dashboard access are able to see, but not change, the content settings.
- Navigate to Centralized Settings > Content Settings.
- Click Add a Setting or expand an existing content setting.
- Give your content setting a meaningful name and then select the settings you would like to enabled. Alternatively, select an existing template or create a custom set of your own.
By default, nothing is selected to be blocked. For a list of all categories and details for each, see Understanding Content Categories.
- Click Continue.
- Select the customers with whom you want to share these content settings, then click Continue.
When shared with a customer, these settings become available in the customer's Umbrella dashboard and can be selected when configuring policies. You can also choose not to share this setting with customers. Click Continue without selecting any customers.
- From the Policy Settings page, choose how you would like to have this content setting applied to the Umbrella policies of both your existing customers and any new customers you might add. Choose from the following options:
- Set as Default Setting—If selected, this content setting will be applied to the default policy of any new customers. This setting is not applied to the default policy of existing customers in Umbrella.
Note: You must always have at least one default content setting. A content setting that has Set as Default Setting selected cannot be deleted until that setting has been de-selected.
- Apply to Default Policy—When selected, this content setting is applied only to the default Umbrella policy of the customers you selected in the previous step—Share with Customers. All other Umbrella policies for the selected customers remain the same.
- Apply to All Policies—When selected, this content setting is applied to all of the Umbrella policies for the customers you selected in the previous step—Share with Customers. This includes the selected customers' default policy.
Note: When you select Apply to all Policies, the next time you access this setting it appears that it has reset to Apply to Default Policy. It has not and your Umbrella policies are not changed. Once configured, to change Apply to All Policies to Apply to Default Policy, you must select Apply to Default Policy and click Save & Close.
- Click Continue.
- Review your content settings and click Save & Close.
Each link under Share Summary opens a modal window that lets you view which customers will share this content setting.
Updated about 1 year ago