Trials are available only for MSSPs.
Starting a new trial lets you provide a potential customer with free access to Umbrella for 21 days so that a customer can "test drive" Umbrella. When you create a trial, your customer receives a "Welcome to Cisco Umbrella" email that includes a link to your customer's Umbrella dashboard. A customer's 21 day free trial period does not start until the customer signs into their Umbrella dashboard.
At any time, including after a trial has expired, you can extend a trial. Trials can be extended three times, with each extension being for a period of seven days. For additional trial extensions, contact your Cisco Umbrella sales representative.
At the end of the trial period, if the customer has not bought a subscription, the customer's access to Umbrella downgrades to the Premium DNS package.
When starting a new trial, we recommend that you first acquire a Deal ID from the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). You don't need a Deal ID to start a trial; however, you do need a Deal ID to convert a trial to a subscription. Once you have a Deal ID, update the trial and add this Deal ID information. For more information about the Deal ID, see the Cisco Commerce User Guide.
Without a Deal ID when starting a trial, you must manually search for customer information so that it can be added to the trial.
Also, before starting a trial, we recommend that you confirm with your customer as to what Centralized Settings should be applied. Determine if these should be Umbrella defaults or customized to meet customer needs. When shared with a customer, these settings become available in the customer's Umbrella dashboard and can be selected when configuring policies. For more information, see Configured Centralized Settings.
- Licensing is configured through the Settings > Purchasing page. To start a trial, you must use GPL or Both. For more information, see Manage Licensing.
- Navigate to Customer Management and click Start New Account.
- Select I don't have a Deal ID and select Continue without Deal ID, then click Next.
MSLA Licensing is only displayed if you have selected Both on the Purchasing > My License page. In this case, GPL is the license used.
- Add a customer name and click Search.
Optionally, click Advanced, apply available filters to narrow your search, and then click Search.
You must first add a name before Advanced becomes available.
From the returned list of company addresses, click the correct customer listing.
Details for the Customer Information step update to display customer billing information.
- On the updated Customer Information step, add at least one Customer Email Address and then click Next.
This email address is where the Umbrella Welcome email is sent. This email includes important setup information for your trial customer.
You must press Return / Enter to add the email address. Next is disabled until you add an email address.
If this is not the correct customer information, click Cancel to cancel the process and repeat from step 1. You cannot manually enter customer information.
- Complete Deal Information and click Next.
- Package Selection—The package you select determines the minimum number of seats you must add. For information about packages, see our MSSP Partners page. Scroll down to the "Umbrella for MSSPs Offerings" section.
- DNS Security Advantage—10 seat minimum
- DNS Security Essentials—10 seat minimum
- SIG Advantage—one seat minimum
- SIG Essentials—one seat minimum
- Platform—500 seat minimum
- Insights—one seat minimum
- Professional—one seat minimum
- Cisco Umbrella for EDU—one seat minimum
- Cisco Umbrella for Wireless LAN—one seat minimum
- Number of Seats—You must add at least the minimum number required for the selected Umbrella package. For information about various packages available to you, see our Umbrella Package Comparison page.
- License—Only GPL is used for licensing when you are adding a trial. Licensing is configured through Purchasing. For more information, see Manage Licensing.
On the Deal Information step, if you select the SIG Essentials package from the drop-down list, the Package Add-on options are displayed.
From the Package Add-on options, you can select a Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) option and either or both of the additional add-ons - Cloud Delivered Firewall Layer 7 (CDFW L7) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
On the Deal Information step, if you select the SIG Advantage package from the drop-down list, the Package Add-on options are displayed.
From the Package Add-on options, you can select a Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) option.
- Review trial information and if it is okay, click Submit.
If any information is incorrect or requires updating, click Edit to return to that step and make changes as required.
When you click Submit, Umbrella starts the new trial and adds it to the Trial Management page. You can also review the trial period here. Umbrella sends the Umbrella customer an Umbrella Welcome email that includes login information as well as a link to our Getting Started documentation.
Note: Trial Ends does not update to display a date indicating when the trial will end until the customer logs into their Umbrella dashboard. Trial Ends then updates to display a date 21 days into the future.
Also, when you click Submit, a Trial ID is generated. If you create a trial without a Deal ID, you must use this Trial ID in CCW when you convert the trial to a subscription.
- Once you've started a trial, check in with your customer to confirm that a Welcome email has been received and that your customer has successfully signed into the Umbrella dashboard and configured at least one identity. For help getting started with Umbrella, see Umbrella documentation and point your customer to this information, too.
Monitor your trials to make sure that your customer has successfully started using Umbrella. As well, keep tabs on when trials are set to expire. Check in with expiring trials and either extend them or convert the trial to an Umbrella subscription.
Expired trials are listed as such on the Trial Management page. You must manually delete expired trials from the Trial Management page.
- To convert a trial to a subscription, contact your Umbrella sales representative. For more information, see Convert a Trial to a Subscription.
Updated about 1 year ago