Trials are available only for MSSPs.
Starting a new trial lets you provide a potential customer with free access to Umbrella for 21 days so that a customer can "test drive" Umbrella. When you create a trial, your customer receives a "Welcome to Cisco Umbrella" email that includes a link to your customer's Umbrella dashboard. A customer's 21 days free trial period does not start until the customer logs into their Umbrella dashboard.
At any time during this trial period, you can convert a trial to a subscription through the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). For more information, see Convert a Trial to a Subscription.
At any time, including after a trial has expired, you can extend a trial. Trials can be extended three times, with each extension being for a period of seven days. For additional trial extensions, contact your Cisco Umbrella sales representative.
At the end of the trial period, if the customer has not bought a subscription, the customer's access to Umbrella downgrades to the Premium DNS package.
Before starting, acquire a Deal ID from the Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW). Note, that while you don't need a Deal ID to start a trial; however, you do need a Deal ID to convert a trial to a subscription and this procedure assumes you have one. Once you have a Deal ID, update the trial and add this Deal ID information. For more information about the Deal ID, see the Cisco Commerce User Guide.
If you have a Deal ID when starting a trial, the Managed Services Console automates the input of customer information.
Also, before starting a trial, we recommend that you confirm with your customer as to what Centralized Settings should be applied. Determine if these should be Umbrella defaults or customized to meet customer needs. When shared with a customer, these settings become available in the customer's Umbrella dashboard and can be selected when configuring policies. For more information, see Configure Centralized Settings.
- Licensing is configured through the Settings > Purchasing page. To start a trial, you must use GPL or Both. For more information, see Manage Licensing.
- You should have a Deal ID from CCW.
- Navigate to Customer Management and click Start New Account.
- Add the Deal ID and then click Next.
Customer billing information is automatically added to the Customer Information step.
MSLA Licensing is only displayed if you have selected Both on the Purchasing > My License page. In this case, GPL is the license used.
Note: You get your Deal ID from CCW.
- On the updated Customer Information step, add at least one Customer Email Address and then click Next.
This email address is where the Umbrella Welcome email is sent. This email includes important setup information for your trial customer.
You must press Return / Enter to add the email address. Next is disabled until you add an email address.
If this is not the correct customer information, click Reset to clear customer information and try again. You cannot manually enter customer information.
- Complete Deal Information and click Next.
- Package Selection—The package you select determines the minimum number of seats you must add. For information about packages, see our MSSP Partners page. Scroll down to the "Umbrella for MSSPs Offerings" section.
- DNS Security Advantage—10 seat minimum
- DNS Security Essentials—10 seat minimum
- SIG Advantage—one seat minimum
- SIG Essentials—one seat minimum
- Platform—500 seat minimum
- Insights—one seat minimum
- Professional—one seat minimum
- Cisco Umbrella for EDU—one seat minimum
- Cisco Umbrella for Wireless LAN—one seat minimum
For information about various packages available to you, see our Umbrella Package Comparison page.
- Number of Seats—You must add at least the minimum number required for the selected Umbrella package.
License—Only GPL is used for licensing when you are adding a trial. Licensing is configured through Purchasing. For more information, see Manage Licensing
- On the Deal Information step, if you select the SIG Essentials package from the drop-down list, the Package Add-on options are displayed.
- From the Package Add-on options, you can select a Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) option and either or both of the add-ons - Cloud Delivered Firewall Layer 7 (CDFW L7) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- On the Deal Information step, if you select the SIG Advantage package from the drop-down list, the Package Add-on options are displayed.
- From the Package Add-on options, you can select any one of the Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) options.
RBI is applicable only for SIG Essentials and SIG Advantage.
If this is not the correct customer billing information, click Reset to clear information and try again. You cannot manually enter customer billing information.
- Review trial information and if it is okay, click Submit.
If any information is incorrect or requires updating, click Edit to return to that step and make changes as required.
Umbrella creates the trial and adds it to the Trial Management page. Umbrella sends the Umbrella customer an Umbrella Welcome email that includes login information as well as a link to our Getting Started documentation. The initial 21 day trial period does not start until the customer logs into their Umbrella dashboard for the first time.
Note: Trial Ends does not update to display a date indicating when the trial will end until the customer logs into their Umbrella dashboard. Trial Ends then updates to display a date 21 days into the future.
Also, when you click Submit, a Trial ID is generated. If you create a trial without a Deal ID, you must use this Trial ID in CCW when you convert the trial to a subscription.
- Once you have created a trial, check in with your customer to confirm that a Welcome email has been received and that your customer has successfully signed into the Umbrella dashboard and configured at least one identity.
Monitor your trials to make sure that your customer has successfully started using Umbrella. Also, keep tabs on when trials are set to expire. Check in with expiring trials and either extend them or convert the trial to a subscription.
Expired trials are listed as such on the Trial Management page. You must manually delete expired trials from the Trial Management page.
- To convert a trial to a subscription, contact your Umbrella sales representative. For more information, see Convert a Trial to a Subscription.
Convert a Trial to a Subscription < Start a New Trial—I Have a Deal ID > Start a New Trial—I Don't Have a Deal ID
Updated 9 months ago