Log Management lets you store the DNS, URL and IP logs of your trials offline in cloud storage. Storage is to Amazon S3 and after the logs have been uploaded, they can be downloaded and kept for compliance reasons or security analysis.
Enabling logging is a two step process: setting up where logs will be stored and then enabling logging for a trial.
- Navigate to MSSP Settings > Log Management and select a bucket type:
- Use your company-managed Amazon S3 bucket—A self-managed bucket, where you own the bucket in Amazon and set up the configuration for it. For more information, see Cisco Umbrella Log Management in Amazon S3.
- Use a Cisco Managed Amazon S3 bucket.—Cisco Umbrella owns the bucket, and creates it automatically for you. For more information, see Cisco-managed Buckets in Amazon S3 for Log Management.
- Once a bucket is set-up, navigate to Customer Management and click Trials.
- Click a trial to open information about the trial.
The customer's information opens in a new page.
- Scroll down to the Log Management section and click Enable Centralized Log Management.
Logging starts immediately.
You cannot enable log management if you have not first set-up an Amazon S3 bucket.
- To disable, click Enable Centralized Log Management.
- In the pop-up window, click Stop Logging.
Updated 3 years ago