Umbrella is Cisco's cloud-based Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) platform that provides you with multiple levels of defense against internet-based threats. Umbrella integrates secure web gateway, firewall, DNS-layer security, and cloud access security broker (CASB) functionality to protect your systems against threats.
- You must complete the requirements to use SIG for MSSPs. See Cisco Umbrella for MSSPs Requirements to read the instructions to complete the requirements.
- Under Deal Information, select Create as Trial and select SIG Essentials as the package, fill in the number of seats, then click Next.
- Package Selection—The package you select determines the Umbrella features available to your customer. For information about packages, see our MSSP Partners page. Scroll down to the "Umbrella for MSSPs Offerings" section.
- Number of Seats—Represents the number of users covered by Umbrella.
- License—Reflects the license type selected earlier.
- Comments—Any comments about the customer or other notes. This is only visible to MSSP admins through the MSSP console.
- After selecting the SIG Essentials package, you are asked to provide insight into how the customer will be connecting to Umbrella. This information helps us continue to improve our products and ensure that we are supporting all of our customer's needs. Select the features that apply.
- IPsec Tunnel—IPsec tunnels created for the cloud-delivered firewall automatically forward traffic on ports 80 and 443 to the Umbrella secure web gateway (SWG). Select this feature if you intend to configure network tunnels.
- How many locations?—Select the number of locations you will use.
- What geos/countries?—For the number of locations specified, enter the location names.
- Peak throughput—For each location, enter the peak throughput in megabits/second. Each tunnel is limited to approximately 250mbps. To achieve higher throughput, you will need to establish multiple tunnels.
Note: Cisco Umbrella and Cisco routing platforms are optimized for GCM encryption. Therefore, we recommend you use GCM encryption for maximum throughput. Other options, such as CBC, may result in lower throughput. Performance is also subject to hardware and configurations and should be tested. For more information see Supported IPsec Parameters.
- Proxy Chaining—You may employ proxy chaining in your environment for easier migration or proxy transparency. Select this feature if you intend to use proxy chaining.
- Proxy Server IP Address—Enter the IP address of your proxy server.
- Proxy Vendor—Enter the name of your proxy vendor.
- Throughput—Enter the bandwidth and number of seats.
- Type—Select "On prem proxy" or "Cloud-based proxy".
- PAC Files—A proxy auto-config (PAC) file is used to tell a browser which proxy server it must use to fetch a URL. When a PAC file is integrated into your system, all traffic through that browser is redirected to Umbrella's secure web proxy. Select this feature if you intend to use a PAC file.
- AnyConnect—Select either "We are currently using Cisco AnyConnect" or "We are not using Cisco AnyConnect". Umbrella integrates with AnyConnect through the Roaming Security module.
- Comments—Describe your feature needs for Umbrella SIG.
- Click Next. Confirm the information is correct, then click Submit to finish creating the trial.
Based on your selections, Umbrella Cloud Firewall (CDFW) and Secure Web Gateway (SWG) will be enabled in your trial.
Updated 7 days ago