Umbrella APIs use slightly different authentication methods, but all rely on generating a key and secret in the Umbrella Dashboard. Follow the instructions matching your organizational role:
- Umbrella administrator of a single organization
- Umbrella administrator of a management console (MSP, MSSP, Multi-Org, or ISP)
- Navigate to Admin > API Keys and click Create.
- Select the appropriate API and click Create.
Note: A grey radio button indicates that this API is unavailable.
- Expand the API entry, copy Your Key and, if available, Your Secret, check To keep it secure, ... and then click Close.
You must acknowledge that your key and secret are only displayed once to activate the Close button.
Note: You have only one opportunity to copy Your Secret. Umbrella does not save it and it cannot be retrieved after its initial creation.
To generate a new key and secret, click Refresh or Delete and then click Create.
- In your management console, navigate to Settings > API Keys, then click Create API Key.
If you cannot access this page, it means the API Keys feature has not been enabled for your account. Contact [email protected] or your Umbrella account representative.
- Select Umbrella Management, then click Create.
- Copy your information to a safe location (you can't access it again), then click Close.
Tip: "Refresh" invalidates any key created previously and generates a new one.
Updated 2 days ago