Cisco Umbrella has Install and Uninstall scripts, and agent procedures for MSPs to deploy the Cisco Umbrella Roaming client using Kaseya VSA. These scripts allow MSPs to import, set up system variables and install the Umbrella roaming client. However, Cisco does not provide comprehensive support for Kaseya. For more information about Kaseya, see Kaseya documentation.
You can use Required and Optional parameters to configure the appearance and behavior of the roaming client on the Windows device. You are prompted to enter the parameters and the parameters are appended to the msiexec and executed using the shell command.
Three parameters are required for the execution of the scripts and you are prompted for those values at run or schedule time. You can locate the appropriate deployment parameters in the MSP console on the Customer Management page by expanding the customer card:
- Organization Fingerprint
- Organization ID
- User ID
You can use the following optional parameters to change the appearance of the roaming client on the device or control the behavior of the client regarding the internal domains configured in the Cisco Umbrella dashboard:
- HIDE_UI: Hide the roaming client icon from the system tray of the Windows device to decrease awareness of the roaming client for the end-user.
- 0 – show system tray icon (default)
- 1 – hide system tray icon
- HIDE_ARP: Hide the roaming client from the Add/Remove Program list in Windows to prevent its removal by an end-user with admin rights.
- 0 – show in list (default)
- 1 – omit from list
- NO_AUTOSUFFIX: Do not add domains present in the DNS Suffixes settings in network adapters and networking properties to the Internal Domains list. This parameter is to make the roaming client more aware of local resources and domains on foreign networks.
- 0 – add the domains (default)
- 1 – do not add the domains
- NO_NXDOMAIN: If a DNS query sent to Umbrella returns an NXDOMAIN, query the local DNS servers.
- 0 – query local DNS servers (default)
- 1 – do not query local DNS servers
The uninstall scripts are simple automated scripts that execute a shell command “wmic product where name=’Umbrella Roaming Client’ call uninstall”. This method was sourced from Umbrella Support.
The steps given here tell you how to use the scripts from import to execution.
Import the Script
Find Kaseya VSA – Cisco Umbrella Install – and navigate to KVSA Agent Procedures->Manage Procedures->Schedule/Create menu and select Import Folder / Procedure.
This will launch the import modal. Select the snapshot icon and find the source script xml.
Select the desired script xml file and click Save.
Now the agent procedure is available for execution.
Before executing the Agent Procedure, gather the required parameter values from the Umbrella MSP Console.
In your MSSP console, go to Customer Management.
Select the required child-org.
In the child-org go to Deployments > Roaming Computers > Roaming Client > Download Module Profile.
Download the OrgInfo.json file that contains your Org ID, Fingerprint ID, and User ID.
Copy the User Id, Organization Id and Fingerprint values to enter as the required parameters of the Umbrella Roaming Client Install script.
Using the Kaseya VSA, select the ‘Cisco Umbrella Roaming Client Install’ agent procedure and select the Kaseya Agents on which the Umbrella client will be installed.
Select the Schedule or Run Now banner icons and enter the Required and Optional parameters.
The agent logs can be viewed using any one of the following methods:
- Agent Tab -> Agent Logs. Select the machine and select the "Agent Procedure Log.”
- Hover over the agent icon until the Quick View window appears and select the Agent Procedure Log
- Hover over the agent icon, select "Live Connect". When that page loads, you can go to the Agent Data tab and again, select the Agent Procedure Log there.
You can also use Procedure History to verify installation.
Updated 3 months ago