The Umbrella for MSPs console includes the following components that you use to manage customers:
Centralized Reports give you a single-pane-of-glass view of your entire customer base. You can quickly assess the health of your deployments, view security activity volumes, and identify any issues that require your immediate attention. These top-level reports let you assess and prioritize customers, allowing you to drill down to those that require your immediate attention, whether that means changing policies, remediating infected workstations, changing networks, or redeploying software. These reports are designed to give you a sense of the overall protection level and deployment status for all of your customers. For more information, see Manage Centralized Reports.
The available centralized reports are:
- Overview Report—Gives you a quick snapshot of two key features for all your customers: Activity Volume, and Deployment and Health Status.
- Deployment Status Report—Gives you an overview of the total number of networks, Umbrella roaming clients, and VAs for your customer base.
- Security Summary Report—Gives you an overview of traffic and security events for all of your customers.
- Cloud Services Report—This report shows you the use of cloud-based SaaS services across your customer base by matching their DNS traffic to the Umbrella list of known cloud services. This helps you deal with possible shadow IT, the introduction of security threats through the use of non-approved tools and possibly even the opportunity to sell a solution to meet the needs of users of this cloud service.
At the top of the Overview, Deployment Status, and Security Summary reports you'll find the Notifications area. Any notifications from Umbrella, including new feature announcements or information about scheduled maintenance, appear here.
- Navigate to Centralized Reports > Overview.
- Click the Expand icon to open the Message Center.
Centralized Settings are policy settings that are shared with your customers' Umbrella dashboards. These settings include Destination Lists, Block Pages, Content Settings, Security Settings, Custom Integrations, and Advanced Settings. For more information, see Manage Centralized Settings.
Customer Management is where you manage your customers. You can add new customer accounts, make changes to customer settings, and access customer Umbrella dashboards. Customer Management lets you quickly access customer information and customer Umbrella dashboards. Information listed includes:
- Seats Available—The total number of seats available for use across all customer Umbrella dashboards.
- Seats Used—The combined total number of seats currently in use for all customer accounts.
- Total Seats—The total number of seats available for use across all customer accounts.
- Total Customers—The total number of customer accounts managed by this MSP console. This includes accounts that have expired.
See also, Add a Customer.
- Click a customer's name to open that customer's Umbrella dashboard.
Click the Download CVS icon to export commonly required information about your customers to a .CSV formatted file. This information includes the fingerprint and orgID, as well as the commands you'll need to install the Umbrella roaming client.
Use the MSP console's search capabilities to find customers. The search bar starts listing customers as soon as you enter a letter. Clicking a customer name takes you to that customer Umbrella dashboard.
You can limit the number of customers or trials you view to only those you want to see by typing in the Search for Customers or Search for Trials box.
Under MSP Settings, an administrator has access to the following:
- Admins—Allows you to add a new staff administrator to the MSP console. An administrator created in the MSP console has full admin level control to all customer Umbrella dashboards. If you would like to limit the new user to a single Umbrella dashboard, we recommend that you access that Umbrella dashboard and create a new login that is limited to just that Umbrella dashboard. This might be used if a customer wants access to their reporting data. You can also enable two-step verification for your administrative accounts.
- Audit Log—Records changes made by administrators to MSP console settings. This log works in the same fashion as the Admin Audit Log on an individual Umbrella dashboard, but is specific to the MSP console. An admin sees entries related to events generated within the MSP console. A typical action recorded would be the additional or deletion of a customer or seats assigned to a customer.
- Contacts—Allows you to update your billing and support contact information. You can only have one billing contact and one support contact. For support, if customers that have access to their organization's Umbrella dashboard submit a ticket, the email for the ticket goes to this contact. Umbrella dashboard customers do not have access to Cisco support. The initial billing and support contacts are created when your account is first provisioned by Cisco. Once provisioned, you can change this information at any time.
Note: MSPs provide first level support to their customers; however, the MSP can contact Cisco support for assistance. Email email@example.com or click the Support link in the MSP console.
- Dashboard Co-branding—Allows you to add a graphic—such as a company logo—to the Umbrella dashboard and MSP console. You can also create a co-branded login page.
- Platform API Keys—For all existing Platform API Keys, we recommend creating new keys in the API Keys page, updating existing uses with the new key, and deleting the old Platform API key, as this page will be removed in the future.
- API Keys—Allows you to create an API key that is used for authentication to the Console Reporting API. For more information, see Umbrella APIs.
- PSA Integration Details—Allows you to integrate a PSA with Umbrella for ticket creation and usage data. There are two PSAs currently supported: Connectwise and AutoTask. For more information on ConnectWise PSA Integration, please read this article. For more information about AutoTask PSA Integration, see Autotask and Umbrella Integration.