The Cisco Umbrella roaming client can be deployed using RMM tools, such as LabTech, by applying the correct parameters as part of the install string.
Note: This document is specific to deploying the Cisco Umbrella roaming client on Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 8 or 10. Cisco does not support the installation of the Umbrella roaming client on Windows Server operating systems. For more information about prerequisites, see Prerequisites. This document assumes you've read these prerequisites and have opened the appropriate firewall ports.
The basic script outlined in this document prompts for the values to be used when deploying the Umbrella roaming client. For a more advanced and automated integration, see our advanced script located here.
You must enter all customer internal domains before deploying the Umbrella roaming client. Failure to do so will cause problems with accessing internal resources. To do this, in the Umbrella dashboard, navigate to Deployments > Configuration > Internal Domains and enter domains as required. For more information, see Appendix D – Internal Domains.
- Download the Umbrella roaming client script Umbrella_Roaming_Client.xml.
- In GitHub, click Raw.
- Copy and paste the displayed xml into your favorite text editor and save as an XML file.
- Import XML into LabTech:
a. In LabTech, open the LabTech Control Center, and navigate to Tools > Import > LT XML Expansion.
b. Click Yes when warned that importing items that already exist will result in them being updated.
The script is imported to the root script folder. You can move it to your preferred location.
- When running the script, you are prompted to enter the parameters from in the Umbrella for MSP console. See step 6.
You have the option to hide the Add/Remove Programs entry and the System Tray icon by filling in the appropriate value.
- In the MSP console, navigate to Customer Management, expand a customer, and scroll to Deployment Parameters.
Umbrella lists the organization's Org ID, Fingerprint and User ID parameters as well as Umbrella's deployment script.
- In the MSP console, navigate to Customer Management, and click View Dashboard.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Roaming Computers.
- Search for the individual host names where the script should have been run.
If the computer is checking in properly, you’ll notice a green status icon.
Updated 3 years ago