Anyone whose Delegated Admin role is "Full Admin" can add a new administrator to the Multi-org console. Administrators have full access to the Multi-org console.
Delegated Admin for the Multi-org console is a feature that allows the console administrator to assign one of five roles to other people within the organization. These roles can give the assignee the ability to manage organizations, but be denied total access to the Multi-org console, or be given permission to provision new software, but be denied the right to make changes, or be given permissions to update centralized settings, but be restricted from other configurations.
It’s also possible to create a “Read Only” user for the Multi-org console who has full administrative access to one or more of your sub-organization's Umbrella dashboards. With this access, responsibility for handling individual organizations can be passed to a user that otherwise has limited access to the Multi-org console.
Limitations of Delegated Administration
- The Read Only role is not restricted to being able to view only certain parts of the Mult-Org console, such as only some individual customers but not others.
- It is not possible to be an administrator on the Mult-Org consoles and also not allow that user to have administrative access to individual sub-org Umbrella dashboards.
- Navigate to Console Settings > Admins.
- Click the Add (+) icon.
- Add information as required and click Create.
For Choose Delegated Admin Role, options are:
- Full Admin—This role has full administrative rights over all aspects of the Multi-org console and all sub-org Umbrella dashboards.
- Provisioning Admin—This role is read-only for centralized settings but has full administrative rights to add, remove and manage orgs, including administrative rights over all sub-org Umbrella dashboards.
- Support Engineer—This role is read-only for centralized settings, org management (adding and removing sub-orgs) and all other console administrative rights. However, this role has full administrative control over all sub-org Umbrella dashboards.
- Limited Admin—This role has full administrative rights over centralized settings and all sub-org Umbrella dashboards, but is limited to read-only for org management, including adding and removing orgs.
- Global Read Only—This role is read-only for all aspects of the Multi-org console and all sub-org Umbrella dashboards.
Updated about a month ago