By downloading an XML file from Umbrella, optionally updating it, and then pasting part of its contents into your MobiConnect system, MobiConnect is able to push configuration information to both the Cisco Security Connector (CSC) and Umbrella so that your iOS device is registered with Umbrella. The result is that your iOS device is protected by Umbrella.
For information about configuring MobiConnect, see MobiConnect's documentation.
Umbrella provides you with the option of anonymizing mobile devices for reporting and administration purposes. When you anonymize a mobile device, its label is hidden and replaced by your device's serial number. The label name is anonymized in both the Umbrella dashboard and in the CSC app UI. For information about how to anonymize your device, see Anonymize Devices.
- The Cisco Security Connector requirements
- MobiConnect version 30.1 or higher.
- You must first configure your MobiConnect MDM system. Configure MobiConnect as required so that it is able to push configuration information to both CSC and Umbrella. For information about configuring MobiConnect, see MobiConnect documentation. For support, contact MobiConnect support.
Note: You must log into your Umbrella dashboard as an administrator.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices and click Manage MDMs.
- Under MobiConnect, click Download MobileConfig.
- Add an email address to generate problem reports and click Download.
This email address is where diagnostic reports are sent when a user clicks the I icon from within the iOS device. Once set, this email address is automatically added when managing an MDM.
- Copy and paste the XML code between the <!-- MobiConnect... --> comments into your MDM profile.
<plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>PayloadContent</key> <array> <!-- MobiConnect - copy from here to paste into the MobiConnect UI to provision a DNS proxy --> <dict> ... </dict> <!-- MobiConnect - end copy -->
- In your new profile, applied for the CSC group, choose Custom Settings and then Configure. Paste the edited XML here.
If successful, your mobile device registers with Umbrella and is listed at Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices. CSC on your mobile device updates to connect to Umbrella so that your iOS device is protected by Umbrella.
If you have anonymized your device (see Anonymize Devices), Umbrella hides the device's true label name by replacing it with the device's serial number. Existing active devices anonymize with 24 hours. New devices anonymize immediately.
As no changes can be made in Umbrella to the actual provisioned device, these mobile devices are simply listed in Umbrella as identities; however, you can now use Umbrella to apply policies to these mobile device identities. For more information, see Apply Umbrella Policies.
- In the CSC app, tap the Status icon and confirm that it shows Protected by Umbrella.
- For protection details, tap Protected by Umbrella.
Updated 2 months ago