You can block applications through settings and policies, or through the App Discovery Report in the app details and the App Grid. The application settings is a policy component that enables controlling of supported apps, regardless of usage, at the policy level. The App Discovery Report allows you to review apps in your organization and control apps individually.
Note: App blocking requires enablement within a policy. Apps that are not present in application settings, or do not have the Edit app controls or Block this app option in App Discovery cannot be blocked. If you need to block an app we don't have yet, contact [email protected] to request it. For more information, see Controllable Apps.
- Navigate to Reporting > Additional Reports > App Discovery.
- From the overview, click the number of unreviewed apps. In the App Grid, choose All Controllable Apps under the Controllable Apps filter.
Note: Read-only users do not have access to these links.
- Click Edit app controls or Block this app.
- Block this app—Appears when a block has not been configured for this app, or a red tooltip icon will appear if the app setting is configured but has not yet been applied to a policy.
- Edit app Controls—Appears when the app has already had settings configured but can be edited.
This can also be done within App Details.
- Choose which application lists to add this app and whether to block or allow it. The app can only be added to application lists currently active in a policy. Choose a label to help with filtering and reporting and then click Save.
You can also block application categories or specific apps by configuring Application Settings in the web policy. For a full list of application categories, see Application Categories. To configure application settings in a policy, see Add a Policy > Configure Application Settings.
Note: App settings must be applied to a policy for controls to be implemented. For more information about policies and how to configure App settings, see Manage Policies
Updated 2 months ago