The Cisco Umbrella Module for AnyConnect for Android OS is a roaming client for managed Android devices that offers protection from internet threats at the DNS layer. The Umbrella module adds DNS level protection to the Android work profile in AnyConnect. This protection extends to both apps and browsing covered by the work profile.
A mobile device management system (MDM) is required to deploy this client to mobile devices and to push the Umbrella configuration to the mobile devices.
The Umbrella module can monitor and block traffic generated from apps and browsers within the work profile created by an MDM. If the device is corporate owned and entirely under MDM management, traffic from all apps and browsers on the device is controlled. For personal "bring your own device" (BYOD) Android devices, traffic generated outside the work profile by apps and/or browsers is not monitored. See the following diagram for an overview.
- An MDM for deploying the software. The following MDMs have been tested, and you should be able to use any MDM:
- Mobile Iron
- VMWare workspace 1 (Airwatch)
- Microsoft InTune
- Android (e.g., Samsung, Google Pixel) mobile devices with Android OS version 6.0.1 and above.
- Umbrella license to configure DNS policies, manage registered Android devices, and for reporting.
- Umbrella organization ID for enabling the feature.
- For Trusted Network Detection (TND):
- Umbrella module backs off only when detecting a virtual appliance (VA) with HTTPS enabled in the network.
- All VA FQDN in umbrella_va_fqdns must be enabled.
- If the VA is not configured to support HTTPS then the Umbrella cannot back off.
The app download may fail in the Google Play store after enabling the Umbrella AnyConnect module. This is a known limitation from Google on Android OS. To avoid this, download the apps before enabling the Umbrella module. Google has fixed this behavior in Android OS “Q”. For more information, see the Google issue tracker.
Some features may not work correctly on Huawei devices. For more information, see Troubleshooting.
Umbrella Android Module for AnyConnect > Android Configuration Download
Updated 17 days ago
|Android Configuration Download|