For regulatory compliance or other reasons, you may need to periodically change the password for the connector account. You can modify this password without impacting the functionality of the connector.
Changing the password ensures that the connector can connect to AD using the new credentials. Failure to change the connector account password results in the connector being unable to subscribe to login events and AD changes. If the password is not changed, you will lose AD attribution for your DNS requests and be unable to propagate AD changes to Umbrella.
- Log in to the account from any system that is a member of the domain and then set the new password.
- Stop the OpenDNS Connector service.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenDNS\OpenDNS Connector and run the file OpenDNSPasswordManager.exe. If you see any errors, you may need to run this utility as an administrator.
- When prompted, add your new password.
- Start the OpenDNS Connector service.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each deployed connector.
Updated 6 months ago