By downloading an XML file from Umbrella and then uploading it to your Intune system, Intune is able to push configuration information to both the Cisco Security Connector (CSC) and Umbrella so that your iOS device is registered with Umbrella. The result is that your iOS device is protected by Umbrella.
For information about configuring Intune, see Intune's documentation.
Umbrella provides you with the option of anonymizing mobile devices for reporting and administration purposes. When you anonymize a mobile device, its label is hidden and replaced by your device's serial number. The label name is anonymized in both the Umbrella dashboard and in the CSC app UI. For information about how to anonymize your device, see Anonymize Devices.
- The Cisco Security Connector requirements
- You must first configure your Intune MDM system. Configure Intune as required so that it is able to push configuration information to both CSC and Umbrella. For information about configuring Intune, see Intune documentation. For support, contact Intune support.
Note: You must log into your Umbrella dashboard as an administrator.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices and click Manage MDMs.
- Under Microsoft Intune click Download MobileConfig.
- Add an email address to generate problem reports and click Download.
Your browser downloads a
mobileconfigMicrosoft Intune.xmlfile to your computer.
This email address is where diagnostic reports are sent when a user clicks the I icon from within the iOS device. Once set, this email address is automatically added when managing an MDM.
- In Intune, create your portfolio. When prompted for a profile type choose Custom and upload the
mobileconfigMicrosoft Intune.xmlfile downloaded from Umbrella.
- In your new profile, applied for the CSC group, choose Custom Settings, and then Configure. Paste the XML here.
If successful, your mobile device registers with Umbrella and is listed at Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices. CSC on your mobile device updates to connect to Umbrella so that your iOS device is protected by Umbrella.
If you have anonymized your device (see Anonymize Devices), Umbrella hides the device's true label name by replacing it with the device's serial number. Existing active devices anonymize with 24 hours. New devices anonymize immediately.
As no changes can be made in Umbrella to the actual provisioned device, these mobile devices are simply listed in Umbrella as identities; however, you can now use Umbrella to apply policies to these mobile device identities. For more information, see Apply Umbrella Policies.
- In the CSC app, tap the Status icon and confirm that it shows Protected by Umbrella.
- For protection details, tap Protected by Umbrella.
Updated about a month ago