Before you begin, confirm that you meet all requirements as listed here.
The following is a short description of the general procedure for registering your supervised iOS device through your MDM to Umbrella. For Umbrella procedures specific to an MDM, see:
For information about how to configure your MDM, see your MDM’s documentation.
- On your iOS device, download and install the Cisco Security Connector app.
Get the Cisco Security Connector app from the App store. Depending on your MDM, you may be able to deploy the Cisco Security Connector to supervised iOS mobile devices through your MDM.
This is the email address that your end-user can use to send diagnostic reports from the app by clicking the I icon from within the iOS device. These reports can then be passed onto Cisco support. Once set, this email address is automatically added when managing an MDM.
- Navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices and click Settings.
- In Mobile Device Settings, add an email address, select operation mode (fail open or fail closed), select a notifications level, choose a device identification method, and click Save.
- In Umbrella, navigate to Deployments > Core Identities > Mobile Devices and click Manage MDMs.
- Click the appropriate MDM.
- Procedures to register your iOS device with Umbrella differ depending on the MDM system you are using:
For information about configuring your specific MDM system, see your MDM system’s documentation.
- When you have successfully registered your iOS device, Umbrella lists it at Deployments > Core Identities > Manage MDMs.
- On your mobile device, in the Cisco Security Connector app, tap the Status icon and confirm that it shows Protected by Umbrella. For protection details, tap Protected by Umbrella.
Updated 3 months ago