Cisco SecureX sign-on enables you to sign into your Cisco products with one set of credentials. For more information, see the Cisco SecureX Sign-On Quick Start Guide.
- Full admin access to the Umbrella dashboard. See Manage User Roles.
- All users must have a Cisco SecureX Sign-On account.
All Users Must Have a Cisco SecureX Sign-On Account
Enabling Cisco SecureX Sign-On as a SAML provider requires a Cisco SecureX Sign-On account assigned to your Umbrella application. Any users without an account will not be able to authenticate to the Umbrella dashboard.
- In the SAML Dashboard User Configuration section, click Enable SAML.
- Select Cisco SecureX Sign-On and click Next.
- Once an account is created, return to step 2 of the configuration in Umbrella. Click Test Configuration.
- Sign in with the credentials provided when you created the Cisco SecureX Sign-In account.
- Once the authentication is complete, a success modal appears:
- Dismiss the modal and return to step 2 of the configuration in Umbrella. If the configuration is complete, a success message appears.
The Test Configuration must be performed and successful for the set-up to complete.
- Click Next. The third step of the configuration appears informing you:
- This single sign-on service will now be required going forward.
- Umbrella will send an email to all dashboard users (not end-users) and a message to all admins in the dashboard to inform them of the mandatory SSO and that passwords are no longer accepted.
- If the SSO is disabled in the future all users will be emailed a link to reset their passwords as old passwords will not be accepted.
- Block page bypass users will no longer function once SAML is enabled.
- Check both boxes to acknowledge the information and click Save and Notify Users. Both boxes are required to be checked before saving the configuration.
Cisco SecureX Sign-On is now enabled in your org. All users receive an email informing them of the required SSO.
Updated 7 months ago