Application settings organize application-based destinations into categories based on the type of processes or services provided; for example, shopping, education, or human resources. To control identity access to these destinations, you can add a Web Application setting to Umbrella and then select it when adding a Web policy ruleset's rules. The advantage to adding a Web Application setting is that you can reuse this setting across multiple rulesets.
- Full admin access to the Umbrella dashboard. See Manage User Roles.
- Navigate to Policies > Policy Components > Application Settings and click Add.
- Give your setting a good descriptive Setting Name.
- From the This Application List is Applied To drop-down list, choose Web Policy.
- Select applications and then click Save.
This new Application setting is now available for selection when you add rules to a ruleset.
For a list and definition of available categories, see Application Categories.
You can expand each category and select individual applications. When you select only a few apps within a category, the category is marked with a dash. When you select an entire category, it is marked with a check.
Note: Application settings are applied at the rule-level of a web policy, which may have several rules within its ruleset. Therefore, on the Application Settings overview page, Web policies do not display the number of items blocked or allowed.
Updated about 22 hours ago