To apply DLP SaaS API rules to files in a Dropbox tenant, you must authorize the tenant using the procedure described below. Once the tenant is authorized, for each file residing in the tenant (including those in Dropbox teams folders), when Umbrella finds data in violation of an enabled SaaS API rule it will enforce the action of that rule.
- Chrome or Firefox (recommended) with pop-up blockers and ad blockers disabled (only for the duration of authorization).
- The user performing the installation must use a Dropbox account with Dropbox Team admin privileges.
- Navigate to Admin > Authentication.
- Under Platforms, click Dropbox.
- In the DLP subsection, click Authorize New Tenant to add a Dropbox tenant to your Umbrella environment.
- In the Dropbox Authorization dialog, check the checkbox to verify you meet the prerequisite, then click Next.
- Provide a name for your tenant, then click Next.
- Click Next to be redirected to the Dropbox login page.
- Log in to Dropbox with Dropbox Team admin credentials to grant access.
- You are redirected to the Umbrella Dashboard and a message appears showing the integration was successful. It may be up to 24 hours for the integration to be confirmed and appear as Authorized. Click Done to complete.
- Under Action, click Revoke. You can revoke any authorized tenant.
- Confirm to proceed. The selected account will no longer be authorized.
Manage SaaS API Data Loss Prevention for Microsoft 365 Tenants < Enable SaaS API Data Loss Protection for Dropbox Tenants > Enable SaaS API Data Loss Protection for Box Tenants
Updated about 21 hours ago