Application settings organize application-based destinations into categories based on the type of processes or services provided; for example, shopping, education, or human resources. To control identity access to these destinations, you can add a DNS Application setting to Umbrella and then select it when when adding a DNS policy. The advantage to adding a DNS Application setting is that you can reuse this setting across multiple DNS policies.
- Full admin access to the Umbrella dashboard. See Manage User Roles.
- Navigate to Policies > Policy Components > Application Settings and click Add.
- Give your setting a good descriptive Setting Name.
- From the This Application List is Applied To drop-down list, choose DNS Policies.
- Select applications and then click Save.
This new Application setting is now available for selection when you add a DNS policy.
For a list and definition of available categories, see Application Categories.
You can expand each category and select individual applications. When you select only a few apps within a category, the category is marked with a dash. When you select an entire category, it is marked with a check.
Updated about 1 month ago