Cisco Umbrella groups harmful destinations into categories of security threat. To control identity access to these destinations, you can add a Web Security setting to Umbrella and then select it when configuring your Web policy's ruleset. The advantage to adding Web security settings is that you can reuse this setting across multiple rulesets. For a list of all security categories and a description for each, see Web Security Categories.
Note: The availability of various security settings differs between a DNS and Web policy.
- Full admin access to the Umbrella dashboard. See Manage User Roles.
- Navigate to Policies > Policy Components > Security Settings and click Add.
- Give your setting a good descriptive Setting Name.
- From the This Security List is Applied To drop-down list, choose Web Policies.
- Select security settings and then click Save. For a list of all security settings and a description for each, see Web Security Categories.
This new Web security setting is now available for selection when you add a ruleset to the Web policy.
- You can also optionally select integrations. For more information, see Third-party Integrations.
Updated about 1 month ago