You can create a custom data classification based on one of the built-in data classification templates Umbrella provides. Simply copy the desired built-in template, make changes to the copy, and save it as a custom data classification.
Built-in data classification templates and custom data classifications created using built-in data classification templates can be used in real-time rules as well as SaaS API rules.
To delete or edit a data classification, see Delete or Edit a Classification.
- Full admin access to the Umbrella dashboard. See Manage User Roles.
- Navigate to Policies > Policy Components > Data Classification.
- Expand one of the built-in data classification templates and click Copy.
- Give the new data classification a meaningful name and description.
- Make the desired changes to the new data classification. Choose from the following:
- Change the Boolean operator
- OR—At least one of the data identifiers selected must match during rule evaluation.
- AND—All of the data identifiers selected must match during rule evaluation.
- Deselect pre-selected data identifiers.
- Expand Built-in Data Identifiers and select additional data identifiers.
- Expand Custom Identifiers and select additional data identifiers (Custom Identifiers, Exact Data Match Identifiers, and Indexed Document Match Identifiers).
NOTE: Exact Data Match Identifiers and Indexed Document Match Identifiers that are greyed out have not yet been indexed and may not be selected. (See Create an Exact Data Match Identifier or Create an Indexed Document Match Identifier for more information.)
- (Optional) You may expand any built-in data identifier and click COPY & CUSTOMIZE to create a new customized data identifier. See Copy and Customize a Data Identifier.
- Click Save.
Your new classification is listed on the Data Classifications page.
Updated about 21 hours ago